Pichit sheets are popular among professional kitchens in Japan.
The sheets absorb excess moisture from meat and seafood without draining the umami.
It contains mizuame sweetener and seaweed extract between the two layers of the odorless and nontoxic polyvinyl alcohol film.
While the mizumame sweetner absorbs water and unwanted odor particles, seaweed extract retains the moisture and the umami. Use this for freezing, thawing or drying.
WHY USE PICHIT SHEETS?
- Remove excess water when freezing meat or seafood and prevents unwanted odors as well as freezer burn.
- Prevent the umami leaving from food when thawing.
- Improve the texture after thawing meat or seafood, keeping the cells in tact by efficiently removing excess moisture.
- Speeds up the marinating process.
- You can dry/remove excess moisture of fish without the use of salt. Ideal for healthy and low sodium cooking.
• Material: Oderless & nontoxic plyvinyl alcohol, mizumame sweetener, seaweed extract
• Dimensions: 15 sheets of 13.75" (35cm) x 9.75" (25cm)
*Pichit sheets should NOT be cut or reused.
Please call (213)-626-9458 (Press 3 for Home Delivery), or use contact form
if you have any questions.